The research project PDA-RobE (process-oriented, continous and automated robotics engineering) started on the 1st of September 2021. The project is funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (StMWi) and can be assigned to the Information and Communication Technology program section within the BayVFP funding line Digitalization. In addition to the Chair for Factory Automation and Production Systems, the industrial partners exentra GmbH and Conti Temic microelectronic GmbH are involved in the research project over a period of 3 years.
PDA-RobE is motivated by the long-standing trend towards (business-)process- automation and strives to transfer innovative methods and technologies of business informatics to factory planning. The approach based on the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) enables the development-efficient integration of diverse technologies. In this way, several key research areas are addressed at the same time:
- Sustainable, optimised and transparent project management
- Process modelling and execution using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- End-to-end engineering using the Process Driven Approach (PDA)
- Multi-user collaboration and planning through immersive Extended Reality (XR) services
- Support in planning through artificial intelligence (AI)
- Centralised knowledge and data management (Big Data)
The kick-off as well as the weekly consortium meetings were and are currently taking place online, but the execution of workshops and bi-annual strategy meetings – as far as possible – is also planned in presence. The team is now starting the project with full energy and high motivation and is looking forward to inspiring discussions.